- A single and complete text reviewing and analysing all sections of the law as amended over the last four years, fully incorporating all recent changes to the law including:
(i) new Parts 3A and 14A added to the Ordinance
(ii) related amendments in accordance to the new provisions of the Companies Ordinance (Cap.622) and Financial Institutions (Resolution) Ordinance (Cap.628)
- Annotated and edited by Mr. Laurence Li, Barrister-at-Law from Temple Chambers and a team of distinguished contributors, including former Enforcement Director and legal counsel from the Securities and Futures Commission
The 2018 Edition is fully updated and incorporated – reviewing and analysing all the amendments and revisions to the law over the last four years with cross-referencing to corresponding legislation:
1. Sections of the law affected by the 2017-2018 changes to the Companies Ordinance (Cap.622) regarding the incorporation of open-ended investment fund companies are noted and updated;
2. Standard regulations regarding the over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives market are fully incorporated and annotated in accordance with the 2014 Amendments;
3. New and revised sections providing supervisory assistance to regulators outside of Hong Kong (i.e. printed licenses and certificates of registration) as prescribed in the 2015 Amendments are revised and annotated accordingly;
4. New regulations for the incorporation, registration, and management of open-ended fund companies (OFC) resulting from the 2016 Amendments – introducing a new OFC structure allowing companies to be more flexible in their share issuing structure are reviewed;
5. New powers given to the Securities & Futures Commission to resolve a company under financial distress as a result of the 2017 Financial Institutions (Resolution) Ordinance (Cap.628);
6. Updates on the progress of the proposed Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing’s company listing reforms – as discussed by the Hong Kong Legislative Council and the Securities Futures Commission;
7. New duty of care on Financial Institutions resulting from the Financial Institutions (Resolution) Ordinance (Cap.628) creating a new action in tort for damages regarding suspect financial products.
The latest edition analyses the latest reforms and amendments to the Ordinance with crossreferencing to all related codes, guidelines and circulars, amended and new legislation, etc. This text continues to be a comprehensive and practical guide which provides a better understanding of the law.